Friday, November 16, 2012

Women are Funny



I cannot believe people would say women are not funny. The one of best comedy writers are women. SNL proves that with great comedic actresses they have and their writers. One my favorite show is called Entourage and in that show one of the main writers is woman. This is based four best friends (men) living the dream in Hollywood. Some of the plots of each episode you would not think that a woman wrote it. The creator of the show said if any women found this show offensive, one of your own help write these episodes. People who do not think women are funny. They do not many of their shows they watch is probably written by a woman. For him to said that he is very chauvinistic. It is not about gender, but about what the person is capability of doing. Tina Fey is a great explain of great comedic writer and actress. She has written for SNL before she acted on the show.  It is just hard to think people could say that even though they laugh at shows with women writers. Even as a man, I find that offensive to think that. I never care who wrote or acted only if they were good. I never watch a show and saw a woman’s name as writer and said to myself this is going bad because a woman wrote this and they do not know comedy. I watch a show and find out a woman wrote it. In the show, she is degraded women in it to make it funny. I think it is hilarious she is able to make fun of that stereotype that most women would find offensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment