Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

All year I wait for this day. Stuffing my face, watching football, and being with family that I havent seen in months is what I look forward to the most. And just recently, I now have two Thanksgivings because my parents are divorced. One may think that two of these holidays in one day would be the greatest, but to be honest, its just a headache. This holiday is just another day to be together and have a good time, but once the day is actually here, I just want it to be over. The commercialization of this holiday has made Thanksgiving less special. You look on television and see every other commercial is about either Black Friday shopping or a bunch of people going to someones house for a giant extravagant dinner. Every now and then, you get a Christmas commercial in there, what is that about? Its not even December yet! But anyway, over the years, Thanksgiving is losing its real meaning, just like every other holiday. Commercialization can be a good thing, but when a true holiday loses its original meaning because of companies wanting to get more money, that is just flat out sad. I feel sorry for generations to come because who the heck knows what meaning Thanksgiving will have in years to come. I know this rant seems a little silly but this is what national holidays are coming to. And all I have left to say is, good luck to those who are going shopping on Black Friday, hopefully you will leave wherever you are with a good deal and your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment