Monday, November 19, 2012

My Secret Obsession- Jannai Smith

I can’t really call myself the typical gamer. I like video games and I don’t mind playing them but it’s not something that consumes my life, like some of my colleagues. But I do have an obsession with a particular game. It goes by the name of Mortal Kombat and I could play at any time of the day or night for hours upon hours. Guys are presently surprised how good I am at it.
I tend to question the real reason I love the game so much, is it because it is a childhood memory; the game that my whole family always played or is it the simple fact of winning. The competiveness takes over in me and I refuse to lose, I wonder if unconsciously it is important to beat the opposing opponent or am I fighting like it is real life. At the end of the fight they have an option of doing what is called a fatality. Although my brother and dad love the opportunity I steer away. The thought of brutally hurting someone more than needed, effects my moral judgment. Then my thought is, maybe it’s because I’m a girl and can’t handle little things such as taking revenge on a soul that was fighting for the same reason.
There is more to the game than just fighting though, they also have a section that veers and you can go on a conquest to earn coins that allows you to buy special features from the krypt. New outfits for the characters, new characters, and new combos for the characters lie in the krypt.
But I don’t know if I agree that the game influences me so much that it could make a difference in my community let alone the world. I guess it gave me some good combos if I decided to join the neighborhood watch team. The only empowerment I really embrace is when Scorpion uses his favorite line “Get Over Here” (in a deep and scary manly voice!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment