Friday, November 16, 2012

Food


I’m not sure if I was all that surprised after watching the Food Inc. video. I always knew that the food we buy at most supermarkets is mass produced and the animals aren’t taken care of very good. It’s disgusting to see how the animals are fed and kept inside all the time, all those dead chickens on one of the farms was repulsive. Feeding hormones to the animals to make them grow bigger faster was something I knew happened, but didn’t know the extent of. Watching a normal chicken grow and how long it takes is drastically different than the comparison they showed in the video. The corporations that run these mass farms have horrible standards that I don’t think I’ll ever understand. I know farmers do half the stuff they do just because they’re told to and are afraid to lose their job, which by the way doesn’t even seem like it’s worth it. To get their farms up and going seems way more expensive than what they get paid annually. If I had it my way and if it was easier and cheaper to eat organic foods all the time I would. Don’t get me wrong it’s so easy and convenient to just stop at some drive thru and get a quick meal, but in the long run I want my food to be real and be healthy. Families today are struggling to feed their families and if they can afford anything at all it’s the cheap, processed, unhealthy food. I wish there was a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment