Monday, November 19, 2012


Ok so I left class today after listening to Kristen talk about her obsession with “Ian” McGregor and I thought to myself, “That’s just weird. I don’t have any parasocial relationships.” Wow was I wrong. I got back to my room and looked around at the countless posters and pictures of Peyton Manning that are hanging on the wall and I laughed out loud. So I say to myself, “Ok well that’s one guy, I’m allowed to have one.” Then I go to my bookshelf and look at all the different books I own written by Barney Stinson, Neil Patrick Harris’s character on How I Met Your Mother. But I could still justify two in my head. However, then I went over to my movie rack and stared down at my collection of James Bond films. I own every one ever made, all 22 of them. They stared right back at me, judging me and mocking me. And I became very sad. But then I came to a realization. Why does this have to be a bad thing? I love Peyton Manning, he’s my hero. He has been ever since I was a kid. So why can’t I worship him? So what if I never meet him or befriend him? And James Bond is awesome! I’m not going to apologize for that! To tell you the truth it was a rather liberating feeling accepting the fact that I too obsess about these people like a 12 year old girl. I’m sorry I judged you Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment