Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Hipster"


What exactly is a hipster? I think people; well society has the wrong impression of what a hipster actually is. People in society, myself included sometimes judge people by the way they appear. I think now days it’s easier to put a specific label on a person by the way they appear, for example the way they dress, music they listen to and lifestyle they live.  I don’t think I’m a hipster but some would say I have some hipster characteristics. I’m a very spontaneous person; I enjoy practically everything, it’s more difficult for me not to like something rather than to like it. Anyone who who really knows me would know, I’m not a hipster, and neither are many other people in society but we get labeled as one, why is that? I do things I like to do, if it happens to be what’s popular then so be it. Does that make you a hipster?

I believe more people appear to be hipsters to our eyes but in reality they’re just being themselves. I think this all coincides with the article we read, I believe it was called the “cool Hunter”. Well in this article it talked about a women that worked for a company and her job was to travel to different states, in the most well known places in town to look for cool people, and cool ideas they had. Her job was to bring that specific idea she found from her travels to her company and they would then use that idea as an upcoming product.  Is it our fault what we happen to like is what’s popular. After all it’s suppose to be cool.  The “Cool Hunter” thought it was cool, why is a crime if we do to? Is it because we didn’t come up with the idea ourselves?  Well neither did The “Cool Hunter” so does that make them a hipster. We get the new styles we find in most stores, and if they got their ideas from some random person walking the streets of NYC, does that make the them a hipster as well? That makes me think… Then in some way or form everyone is a hipster in a certain way, or are hipsters getting a bad rap by society?

No comments:

Post a Comment