Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sports Promoting Military

While watching the video in class about how sports in politics mixed made me realize just how frequent sporting events promote the military. I started remembering all the football games I had watched and all the stock car races I have attended since childhood that had something to do with the United States military. Sports is one great way to promote patriotism and pride in one's homeland no matter what country you live in. I think this is a great way to advertise for our armed forces. I might not agree with many military situations this country gets involved, however even if we never have to use them we need a great number of the men and women in the armed forces. I do not think I would ever willingly join any branch of the military but I have the highest respect for the people in this country who do. They are all heroes and all devote their whole career to protecting the country that I call home. I personally believe that the advertisement and recruiting that the military does is for a good cause. In the end it is the person's own decision to join or not. It can provide a great way of life and installs a great work ethic and attitude in many of the people who willingly risk their lives not because they always agree with our leaders' decisions but because it is their duty to. I also believe that athletes and those in the military must share some similar qualities to be successful. Hard work, determination, and sacrifice are all qualities that are in standout athletes. I would imagine to go through the incredible hardships that the people who join our armed forces might have to endure, these qualities would have to be present in great quantity.
Justin Eshelman

No comments:

Post a Comment