Saturday, November 17, 2012

CastHER

Something that is still breaking my heart was the masculine woman, and Caster Semenya. I don't know why but I cam't get this story out of my head. It's just so cruel to me that anyone thought they had any right to ask if she was really a man- let alone make it national news. If yeah this was a valid assumption it should have been handled privately by sports officials and then dropped immediately. The way the news covered the story really disgust me, then on top of that the magazine using her as a symbol for the cover as a "changed woman" is unreal. I am a telecommunications major going into marketing and promotions, but this story really makes me want to step back and make sure I will be able to stand strong on my morals and values and my name won't go on something so degrading and hurtful like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment