Thursday, November 15, 2012

Games DO Matter



I have been playing video games my whole lifetime. I do see the benefits of playing video games. Not only are they very entertaining, but it can teach. Playing historical games, I learn many things during the time period that the game set.  Games have been able to increase speed you can react to situation. Even as a gamer, I think there are some games that people play are not human. In Real time strategy games to do well, players must perform four hundred actions per minute to win. To me being a gamer, I can't fathom playing that fast. I think they drink six red bulls to play. I think employers would like gamers being part of their company. If can you perform four hundred actions per minute, imagine how much work you can accomplish in a day’s work.  People say gamers don’t have social lives. Gamers do have social lives, but it’s through video games they play with others across the world. I play world of warcraft. It is the most play mass multiplayer online game in the world. In the game, I am in a guild, which is group of players working together, in this guild we raid. It is the hardest thing to do in World of Warcraft. In raids players must communicate to defeat the boss. Each player has a job. The jobs include tank, healing, and damage. In a raid we were doing a boss. We kept dying. But the weird part was nobody was getting anger about dying the some much. They were happy that they were making progression. I have never seen that in sports. No coach has ever said “Guys, even though we lost, we got more point this game then the last game. We are making progression.” A real coach would yell out you and make you practices harder because of the lost. That’s why games are better for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment