Thursday, November 22, 2012

More Media Minded


This course has introduced me to many cultural sinkholes that I have been falling into. Escaping the fallacies that I have put myself into isn’t easy. The media has a lot more input into cultural aspects than I even realized. The media influences many things they should not such as free thought and they can even convince someone to change their freedom of speech to fit into the culture the media is forming around us. From putting politics into sports to strategically placing advertisements around us to suck us into spending money on nonsense. 

After being in class and thinking for myself I have made a promise that I will try harder to be more free thinking when it comes to buying into the media circus that surrounds us. I will try not to buy into social media and define my own version of what I think culture truly is instead of letting it be formed around me through social media.  This is going to take more mental power than usual to recognize when something is wrong and taking the time to think for my self and develop my own opinions and views on the world around me. I can do it and I am glad I could take a class that opens my eyes more and lets me think for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment