Friday, November 16, 2012

Rhetoric and Opinion

Rhetoric's with an Opinion 
Should opinions ever be kept to ones self? Lately we have been talking about what a rhetoric's role in society should be. We have had discussions what they should say and what they should not say, but what about their own opinion? Should people be allowed to state their opinion at all times? Everyone has an opinion on some topic, but should they be allowed to state it? I think if you believe in something, then you should hear other people's opinions too, just to hear their point of view. If you believe something, hearing what other people have to say could help solidify your opinion, or perhaps, change it based on their logic. Before forming my own opinion, I look at what others think on the matter. I am not saying that you cannot think for yourself, I'm simply saying by forming an opinion based on the facts or opinions of others is not a bad idea. I do believe that in some situations opinions should be kept to yourself. Opinions can and should be expressed when appropriate. I feel if the situation is a appropriate and you are respectful, then you should be allowed to give your opinion. When do you think is a good time to keep your opinion to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment