Monday, November 19, 2012

The Love for the Game-jannai smith

My love for all sports is overwhelming. It used to be the only thing I could ever think about awake, or sleeping. I don’t necessarily think of politics when I think of the game I almost feel I try to get away from politics through sports. Sports allow you to do what you love without being judged. Sports are like an outlet away from the world. The only relation I see between sports and politics would be the statistics.   
Zirin talks about color being a major factor in sports and although I partially agree, I feel as though there was a bigger impact in history. He fails to see that it is hard for us as a country now to relate because we didn’t go through it. When I watch any game with my friends we aren’t rooting for a certain team based on the color ratio of the team. We pick our team based on our location, family choices, or even who is the best team that year.
Sports have come a long way and it has opened a lot of doors for women and certain races. So maybe he’s right in the past it did play a major role in politics but today I don’t think they are as much as a key role like he believes. I also think that the reason the army and other political influences come into play is that a majority of our country can agree on the idea of sports. We might not agree on a certain sport or a certain team but we can all almost agree that the idea of sports is a factor in our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment