Thursday, November 29, 2012

What a Fantasic Class!!

As class comes to a close I must end with saying a couple of things. First of all this has been one of the most enjoyable classes I have ever had. I think we were well warned, but I feel as if we live in this  "We now know your secrets media, you can no longer trick us" bubble. And as I scroll through Facebook I notice the Ads on the side and think "What the hell, I WAS just looking at Rob Kardashian socks on Nieman Marcus's website, how creepy!" then I think "Kristen warned us about this!" For that I am very wary of Facebook and to be honest I have a they are out to get us conspiracy now. I really love how much this class really has to do with our every day lives and thinking. We were all able to truly voice our opinion whether that was in class, the blog or Twitter. Although at some points I think our topics of discussion were hard for some people to talk about I think, my eyes were really opened to new ideas. One of the most popular examples that we use in class and I think that most of us can really see in our society is the Princess culture.I have noticed lately when my friends post pictures of their babies with "Mommys little Princess" on the top of the babies shirt  it makes me very irritated inside. I will no longer be able to sit down and watch TLC again with out thinking of this class. I have quickly realized that I am addicted to HORRIBLE television shows. From one about a hillbilly family who has too much time on their hands to one about women who dress up their children as adults throw them on a stage and force them to dance like a "good princess would".  So although I might have become a little insane, that's okay because now I understand pop culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment