Monday, November 19, 2012

Food is a way of life isn't it?

As an average American male, I can't say i've ever used Pinterest. However I hear nothing but good things about the food and recipes some individuals pin. I remember a girl from high school who would always take pictures of the things she ate and put them on a blog. I had read it once after a link to it was posted on facebook one evening. The most recent entry focused a pineapple upsidedown cake. I remember some of the pictures, but not much about the actual text that accompanied it aside from descriptions of its aesthetic greatness. I have two brothers for friends that want to be chefs, and they tell me presentation really is everything. I could have said so myself after reading Cooked by Jeff Henderson, a non-fiction story following Henderson's trip from selling cocaine to chef at Caesar's Palace. I could guess that she photographed that pineapple cake because she had made it herself, but part of me says it's because she got the presentation right. I'm not a food critic and don't really have many qualms when it comes to what I consume as food. I've been a skinny calorie furnace most of my life, but still make healthy decisions for the most part. Maybe I should start a blog in the vein of EpicMealTime and just throw some greasy abomination from the things in my fridge. You should see the Youtube channel "HowtoBasic", pretty good food expertise right there. So bad it's good right?

No comments:

Post a Comment