Sunday, December 2, 2012

Racism in Media

I was looking through my childhood belongings over break and found a few power ranger figures in my mum's basement.  Later that day I was on google looking up the show that I loved so much as a child.  As I typed in the search bar the most ridiculous thing pop'd up it said "Power Rangers Racist".  Now not seeing this show since I was a young lad made this line seem ridiculous, until I did some more research.

I never noticed that all of the power rangers actors matched their power suits.  Zach the Black guy had a black suit.  The girlie girl had a pink suit, Asian the yellow suit....  The red power ranger was a native american.  It is almost to much to handle and is quite strange they got away with it.  The white ranger ended up being the leader.  I just can't believe it took me till I was 21 years old to realize how bad it really was, I guess ignorance is bliss

Has anyone else felt this way about the power rangers?  I still am in some sort of shock over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment