Friday, October 26, 2012

PRINCESS CULTURE & ADVERTISMENTS


After watching today’s video in class, I’m convinced I get have my instagram poses from advertisements. From the head tilt to all the way to the body posture. Advertisements really do have a huge impact on gender roles. I know if I saw a male with his finger in his mouth, I would be suspect about it. Looking back at GUESS ads from the 1900s to now, with the picture down below, it caught my attention due to the fact, the woman is the dominant and the male is the submissive. In class the video spoke about how it was the other way around, well unfortunately it can be seen both ways. The male looks as if he is helpless and vulnerable, while the woman is  in full control and strong.




Going back to Wednesdays lecture on the princess culture, I had to google Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where i can find wedding dresses,rings, hair stylist, make-up, and etc.  for little girls. This is what i found!!

I am amazed at all of this, I would definitely want to visit one day, or take my children (when i have some) 1 day. It really gives little girls a chance at really being a princess.they even have the Disney Princesses, such as Ariel ( The little mermaid) and Snow White doing the make-up. This shop looks like a real salon. I wonder how much it really cost to have your daughter made into a princess. It is a great experience for little ones, Disney world should consider having a place where you can turn little boys into superheros.

Lastly, i wanted to touch on children's advertisements and the words they use to commit us to buying their -products. One great example I found was the X-BOX 360.
The ads clearly state, THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE & THE ULTIMATE VALUE, the word ultimate grabs young boys attention. Also the phrase OPTIMUM HIGH DEFINITION  which makes it sound more exciting and adventurous for young boys.

A example for young girls,

The easy bake oven is a classic for little girls, with this ad they use words/phrases such as ULTIMATE OVEN, which makes it sound like its better than before. Also the phrase BIGGER BATCHES, and the pictures of delicious sweets draws little girls attention right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment