Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Partial Princess

After doing the reading for today and going to today's lecture... I have come to the conclusion that I may be a partial princess. I am not sure how to respond to this realization.

I would not say I am the typical princess though. I was not put in "daddy's little princess" outfits when I was younger. I did not dress in only pink or wear frufru outfits all the time. I did have my handful of dresses and skirts but I also liked to be messy. The thing that made me realize my princess ways is how my parents have had a hard time saying no to me or my siblings my entire life. They want to make us happy in any way they can. I love them for this but I feel as if they made me believe that a lot of things come easy in life when I've been learning throughout the years that... they don't.

Also, a big reason why I believe I am partially a princess is my addiction to shopping. I love getting new clothes, all the time. When I get the chance to go shopping I do. I've gotten a hard time for this from my family and friends but it's a habit I can't seem to break. What makes me okay with this princess quality of mine is I never need high end purchases. I would rather go to goodwill or TJMaxx than spend my money at coach or anthropology. Don't get me wrong, LOVE their products but I know I cannot afford them so I will not start spending the money I don't have like a true princess would.

I'm okay with having this princess quality as long as it doesn't go to the point where I'm turning into a broke princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment