Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pranking Rhetoric

As I sit here at 12:20 a.m., rereading the article for class tomorrow, I thought I would express how cool I think culture jamming is. I think that if people can go against corporate and the "norm" in society in a humorous way, why not! It gets the attention of a mass audience because catches people off guard and gets them to actually think about how corporate society is defining our culture. My favorite culture jamming that is touched on in the reading is the Biotic Baking Brigade. First of all, I would LOVE to pie anyone in the face (it's on my bucket list). Second, I think that it is the most shocking one mentioned. Neither the audience or the person being pied is expecting anything of the sort and I think the surprise factor gets a lot of attention. It doesn't take much action but it gets a whole lot of recognition, which is the prime reason for culture jamming, to get the attention of a mass audience about a specific problem with society/corporate/etc. I LOVE CULTURE JAMMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment