Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween tradition?

I know its one thing to go out on Halloween and have fun, but when people go out with their thin costumes short enough to see their belly buttons and it is forty degrees outside, then their judgement might bring about some questioning.

When typing "Halloween Costumes for Women" into Google Shopping, here are 6 of the first 10 results to pop up:
 Pirates Of The Caribbean Sassy Adult <em>Halloween Costume</em> Jack SparrowNaval Pinup Adult <em>Women's Costume</em> - <em>Women's Costumes</em> & ClassicWarner Brothers Secret Wishes Catwoman <em>Women's Halloween Costume</em> -Eskimo Cutie Adult <em>Women's Halloween Costume</em> by DreamgirlMakin' Waves Sexy Sailor <em>Costume</em>, Sexy Sailor <em>Halloween Costume</em>, ...<em>Women's</em> Edward Scissorhands - Miss Scissorhands <em>Costume</em>




Now I can't speak for every guy in the world, but there is no way I would let my girlfriend leave the house like that any day of the year.
First, there's the issue of modesty. I realize that's not as big of a deal to most people these days with the last season of Jersey Shore reaching nearly 8.5 million viewers, but I like to know that I don't have to worry about a room full of men ogling her.
Second, there's the issue of practicality. Why walk around in weather almost cold enough to make a snow cone with 80% of your skin exposed? Hypothermia isn't hot. (See what I did there?)
Third, there are way more options to look cool and original and even get attention other than putting bunny ears on some lingerie. Search the internet for about 2 minutes and I'm sure you can find a ton of original ideas that no one else at the party will have, which is guaranteed to attract more positive attention than a bunch of drunk freshman boys.

And I know that though I am talking about women, this issue does not only relate to them. In fact, there are a scary amount of men who need to hear this as well, including my friend who walked around this weekend as a"slutty cloud." 


So women and men, cover up and make good choices this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment