Sunday, October 28, 2012

From Survivor to Governor

As you all have probably heard, Rupert Boneham, former Survivor star,  is running for Indiana State governor. I personally believe that Boneham is using his fame and fortune from the popular reality show Survivor to run and for that  he is incredibly smart. After seeing him at a local fair in Indianapolis, I realized I knew he was  running for governor but I had no clue who else was running. I asked my friends  who was running to see what they would say and the only person  they knew was "That guy from Survivor". We didn't know what party he ran for or his views on anything, just the fact he was running for office and was on TV.  After doing some research I found out that he is running as a Libertarian candidate and is currently at 5% on the polls while his fellow running mate, Mike Pence is at 44%. After being asked why he is still running Boneham states "I wouldnt be running if I didnt think I would win." He uses his well known name and his known tie dye t-shirts to his advantage. For example, at debates he wears a tie dyed pocket square and signs tie dyed t-shirts for his fans. Although I do not believe he will win I think that his well known name in pop culture will buy him quite a few votes. So I congratulate him on his effort and his ingenious way of using his fame in his campaign and I wish him the best!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment