Thursday, September 13, 2012

The language of fakebook-Reflection

Listening to all the comments today in class about fake-book got me wondering if I have been a part of that group. Maybe, subconsciously, I actually have and did not realize it up until this point of discussion. This leads me to ask myself the question, have I been creating a fictional persona of myself of Facebook all this time, and was not aware of it?

I class today while the discussion was going on i tried to think back as far as possible up until this point of all the different things I have done on Facebook, and how and in way way I have been using it. Personally, I don't think I can remember a time when I was trying to be someone who am not on Facebook, but I have seen people who I have known done and say things on Facebook that I would never in my lifetime expected to see.


Maybe I have tried creating a fictional persona of myself on Facebook, but was not aware of it. I use Facebook to mostly communicate and keep up with friends and family back home in Jamaica, and for them to keep up with my life. With this said, I don’t believe I have ever tried to use this social media be and act like someone am not. I rarely post any statuses, and I normally post soccer pictures or pictures and me when I travel. I rarely just take random pictures and post it just so I can get comments. This is just me, but I know a lot of people who are "Fakebookers"




No comments:

Post a Comment