Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Converse

After all this talk today, it made me realize that I don't really notice how much the way other people dress and think affect me. For example, I work at Scotty's Brewhouse and starting October 2nd we are required to black converse sneakers. We absolutely cannot wear anything else. Everyone knows converses are not cheap so I thought I would ask my boss if we could get a knock off brand of these shoes. Surely this wouldn't be an issue. To my surprise we are strictly suppose to wear legitimate converse sneakers. WHY! Now my job is transforming me into a hipster? Or whatever people are called that wear these shoes. I don't mind them, but I don't think it is right that they are making us wear them. I remember in my interview my interviewer telling me that a great thing about working at Scotty's Brewhouse is the individuality the workers have and how laid back it is. Now we are all suppose to wear black shirts, black belts and black chuck taylors. The other waitresses and I joke about how we are going to wear non-prescription glasses so we can fit the "hipster" stereotype better. We just can't get away from this evolving "coolness" I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment