Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mom Jeans

This whole idea of "cool" and "coolhunters" has really got me thinking. Especially about the type of fashion I am in to. Whenever we talked about styles going in and out, like neon for example, the one style that kept popping into my mind is the high waist mom jeans style. I remember back in middle school and high school, when I lived at home, I always made fun of my mom for wearing high waist shorts or pants, said she looked like a dork. She would always come back with some remark about how much more comfortable they were than wearing low rise jeans that almost show your butt crack, which were in style at the time. Now what is funny to me is that I wear high waist mom jeans religiously. They may be my favorite type of pants at the moment. I enjoy wearing them much more than any of my low rise bottoms. I also know that many other girls would agree with me. They are the "cool" style right now. This style obviously went in and out of a style for quite some time but the "coolhunters" saw it rising within the past two years which I am happy about. I don't know what I would do without my high waist shorts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment