Monday, December 10, 2012

Red Bull Stratos


Most of the projects I saw from this class were really good and actually kept my interest throughout. One of the videos stood out to me. The “Red Bull Stratos” video where Felix Baumgartner jumps from 120,000 above ground and sky dives for a half hour was one of the most inspiring videos I’ve seen. During the video I got goose bumps. Watching Felix plunge himself into space with no certainty as to whether or not he was going to make it back to earth alive was incredible. As someone that is afraid to fly in an air plane my stomach was in my throat when he stepped to the ledge of his capsule. I cannot imagine having the courage to make such a dive. I think this dive will be good for our country. In the 60’s, so I’ve read, our country competed to be the first ones to land on the moon. Whether or not that ever happened is beside the point. I believe when the United States said we made it to the moon, the country had to feel somewhat patriotic. It has been too long since our country band together in competition, or just in the name of scientific advancement to be the first to do something so extravagant. Baumgartner was Austrian but the jump was made in New Mexico. I am excited to see what kind of advancements we will make next. I really hope they keep coming up with things like this to keep our country coming together and getting excited.  

No comments:

Post a Comment